Copyright © 1999 - 2014 DMTrust all rights reserved
Grove Park Farm also known as Smiths Farm, it was part of the bigger Grove Farm on land owned by the Duke of Devonshire, which was replace by Chiswick County (Grammar) school in 1948
Joseph Jessop or namesake was listed as a market gardener in 1862 and was still at Grove Park Farm in 1887, it was one of the parish’s 17 agricultural holdings in 1900 and 5 in 1920, presumably the only one of more than 150. The Fields had gone by 1930 when there were only 2 smallholding's, but the Grove Park Farmhouse still survives today.
Grove Park Farm and House Dukes Meadows Chiswick
Grove Park Farm House Market Drive Chiswick
The Chiswick Farmers and fine food Market is held in the in the yard to the rear of the Grove Park Farm House.
The Rear of the Grove Park Farm House
The farm building, used either as a fruit or grain store belonging to the Grove Park Farm is the last one remaining out of three.
Now it houses 10 Artist Studios, a renovated Park Keepers Flat, Bowling Club and Football changing rooms
Click on photos for larger Image
The Grove Park Farm House is owned by the Local Authority